Before you go ahead to subscribe to the so call MTN Ghana unlimited internet package, you need to read this article which consist of the package Terms and condition and it’s fair usage policy. The Unlimited package is capped at 15GB and not 100% 30days unlimited data bundle 🙂
MTN TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR UNLIMITED INTERNET ACCESS SERVICES
- MTN unlimited internet services refers to the unlimited 30 day and the 2G only unlimited 24hr internet service provided by Scancom limited.
- Customer means any person who utilises the Service (s) offered by Scancom limited.
3.“Service” in general includes but not limited to Internet Access, E-mail, World Wide Web, etc
- The Terms and Conditions herein, responsible Usage Policy, (available at http://www.mtn.com.gh/personal/internet/bundles published by MTN and as amended from time to time shall constitute and will be an integral part of the agreement between MTN and Customer with respect to the Service. MTN reserves the right to change any or all aspects of this agreement, operating rules, usage guidelines, prices governing the Service, service plans, the pricing structure, or product/service policies at any time without prior notice to the Customer. The customer acknowledges that it is his/her sole responsibility to apprise himself/herself of the Terms and Conditions and Fair Usage Policy, as amended from time to time and agrees to abide by the same. The Customer shall visit http://www.mtn.com.gh/personal/internet/bundles to apprise himself/herself of the latest terms and conditions, service plans & policies etc.
- MTN shall provide Service to the customer, in accordance with the terms and conditions in force, and as amended from time to time, till the expiry of the specified period for which the Customer has paid for.
- The service charge is payable in advance and all taxes, duties, charges or any other levies of any nature whatsoever, payable for the services shall be an integral part of the amount paid by the customer.
- MTN will put in its best efforts and strive to maintain the maximum possible uptime of the Service. However MTN will not be responsible for downtime of Service due to circumstances beyond its control.
- The Customer also acknowledges and accepts that in the very nature of the services to be provided there can be number of factors affecting the provision of the service by MTN and the obligation of MTN to provide the services shall be on best endeavor basis.
- MTN shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss, expense or damage of any kind in connection with the performance of its obligations under this contract or arising from disruption, interruption, suspension or malfunction of the Service, for whatsoever reason except when there is deliberate failure or breach on the part of MTN.
FAIR USAGE POLICY
MTN. invites all subscribers to follow the fair usage policy given below.
Background: The Internet is the largest shared network in the world enabling people to communicate with each other and access information. In such a diverse environment it is critical that users follow a shared code of conduct which is specified by the various sites. The shared code of conduct is also applicable not only to content but also to subscribers accessing through their respective access providers.
The Fair Usage Policy seeks to ensure that broadband access is affordable to the largest number of people and provides a satisfactory value based service level.
Policy: When a customer buys the 30 day unlimited internet bundle from MTN the below policy applies:
- Up to 15 GB of data – unlimited access
- After 15 GB, 256kbps for 2GB of data
- After the additional 2GB 128kbps for 2.5 GB of data
- After the additional 2.5 GB 64kbps for the unexpired period.
2G ONLY BUNDLE
This bundle offer is targeted towards students and persons with 2G devices and areas that have 2G-coverage only. This allows them to use their 2G only devices without worrying about the cost of data. This is charged daily at GHC 1.5.This bundle is for 24Hrs
To access this bundle a 3G handset user will have to switch to the 2G option on their handset.
This could appear as 2G, GSM or GPRS depending on the handset being used.
This will latch them unto the 2G network even in a co-located site which offers both 2G and 3G and will prevent them from being charged from their main account.
UNLIMITED NIGHT BUNDLE
The Midnight bundle gives unlimited internet access from 12am-5am for one night at 3 ghc only.The Fair usage policy is however applied to prevent abuse and ensure a good experience for all our customers.
The policy is applied as stated below:
- Up to 3 GB of data – unlimited access
- After 3 GB, speed will be throttled down to 128kbps for the rest of the night to 5am
MTN Ghana 4G LTE Network service is available in every regional capital and some large towns, MTN’s 4G service brings you another level of speed and reliability on-the-go, so you can enjoy higher speed browsing, faster uploads and downloads, clearer video calling and easy streaming, either directly on your mobile handset or by using devices like modems, routers, wingles or mifi’s.