Uncle Mark Zuckerberg is the CEO of Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp and Instagram and he does not send anybody. 🙂 Much less if he asked to buy your multi-billion dollar app and you refuse.
That’s exactly what happened between him and Snapchat. He asked to buy over Snapchat, they refused so he
pretended went back to the drawing board and came up with an update very similar to Snapchat’s USP and added to Instagram as an update.
You must have heard people talk about the new update or seen something new on your Instagram timeline, well, it is the new Instagram stories and this is a step by step guide on how it works.
This new feature allows you share photos and videos with drawing and editing tools but they exist for only 24hours… just like Snapchat.
When you update your app, it is at the top left corner of the app home screen like so:
Making your stories is a lot like Snapchat
Stories are temporary videos or photos that are strung together to form a gallery that, well, tells a story.
Here’s how to create one:
- You need to first update your Instagram App
- Tap on the plus button found on the top left-hand side of your homescreen or swipe left in your Feed. You can also quickly launch Stories by swiping right from the main screen.
- Tap the circle button at the bottom of the screen to take photos or tap and hold to record a video. Y
- Edit the photos or videos with text or add a drawing as you normally would. If you hit the pen icon, there are three types of pens. The third one makes your sketch look like a neon sign.
- Tap Done to save your story.
- Tap the checkmark button to share to your story.
It has 6 filters, an option to download your ‘story’ to gallery, 10 seconds of video recording and 3 drawing tools with an array of colors at the base.
The photos and video you chose for your story will now be a series that people can swipe through for 24 hours. A colorful circle will appear around your profile photo to let your followers know you have a story to view and profile picture will also pop up at the top of your followers’ Feeds. All they need to do is tap on your face to see your story.
If you have a habit of adding things to your social media accounts which you later regret, good news! Stories can be removed. Tap on the three dots at the bottom right of the photo or video you’d like to delete, hit Delete then confirm.